Safety inspections are normally done annually (and can be done biannually) to make sure units are safe and secure. After the first safety inspection (included with the flat fee from Jensen Properties), we work with outside vendors to complete these safety inspections. These inspections are completed 90-120 days before the lease ends so that we can determine whether or not to extend the lease term. Contact us to find out how much safety inspections would be for you rental unit(s).
The following things are checked during safety inspections:
- Doors and locks.
- Windows, screens, and window covers.
- Toilets, sinks, tubs, washers, and all plumbing fixtures to make sure supply lines, drain pipes, and all plumbing is working correctly without any leaks.
- Appliances to make sure they are running properly, not leaking, and in good condition.
- HVAC system to make sure the heater and AC are working properly.
- Smoke detectors and CO detector(s)
- Lights, switches, and outlets to make sure there are no potential electrical issues.
- General condition of the property and whether it is being taken care of.
- Potential maintenance issues that may come up in the future.
- Preventative maintenance suggestions that are noticed.
Please contact us if you have any questions about safety inspections.